Ernest Neuman Studios’ Restoration Division is dedicated to restoring and preserving historical and cherished spaces. Whether a team of two or a crew of thirty-plus craftsmen, we bring decades of project management and artistic talent to each project. From a nationally recognized landmark to a treasured place of worship, each restoration project is met with our respect for the history and significance of the building.
Paint and Architectural Finishes
Our craftsmen are experienced in the following techniques:
- Trompe L’Oeil
- Cleaning of Stone & Marble
- Cleaning & Polishing of Architectural Metals
Plaster – Flat and Ornamental
We occupy over 3,000 square feet of plaster studio space located at 20 Jay Street in DUMBO-Brooklyn. Our craftsmen are skilled at working onsite and in the studio. We provide expertise in the following areas:
- Lath and three-coat-plaster installation
- Framing lath and plaster hung ceilings
- Run-in-place plaster moldings
- Installation of cast plaster moldings
- Restoration of ornamental plaster surfaces including: Crown moldings, Cartouches, Medallions, Friezes, Panel Moldings, Reliefs, Brackets, Fireplace surrounds, Capitals, Columns and Pilasters
Under the direction of co-owner Melissa Ford-Hart, Ernest Neuman Studios employs an entire division dedicated to the restoration of precious wood surfaces as well as the treatment of new architectural wood finishes.